A Beginners Guide to Psychic Abilities
When it comes to psychic abilities, there is a lot of information to take in. What are psychic powers? What does psychic reading mean? And what does it mean to be a psychic? There are a variety of different ways that a person can perform psychic readings, just as there are different powers that allow people to predict future or otherwise unseen events.
We’re going to cover as much of this topic as we can in order to provide you with an informative overview of what psychic abilities are and how they are used. Let’s begin by considering what it means to be psychic.
Table of Contents
- What does it mean to be a psychic?
- What does psychic reading mean?
- What are the Psychic Abilities?
- What is it called when you see things before they happen?
- What does retrocognition mean?
What does it mean to be a psychic?
When you hear the word psychic, what comes to mind? You might think of a wise fortune teller who predicts a person’s fate, or perhaps you imagine a crystal ball with smoke that swirls to form shapes and prophesies. Being psychic is usually a lot less dramatic and publicized.
Do you want to know more about your Guardian Angel and get a FREE ANGEL READING? Just fill out this form, please:
Anybody can display a variety of psychic abilities, meaning that you or a close friend could be considered psychic without anyone knowing. But what does it mean to be a psychic?
A psychic is somebody who, through one method or another, is able to understand or collect information that would normally be hidden from our senses.
Some people will see a glimpse of future events, while others will be able to look back into the past. Normal human senses exist only in the present, and so it takes special abilities in order to collect data from either side of this moment in time.
Of course, psychic abilities can work in other ways as well. Some people will be able to detect events or emotions that are happening in the present but well beyond the reach of normal senses.
For example, a psychic may feel the occurrence of a natural disaster as it happens, despite it taking place on the other side of the world. Some psychics will detect the presence of people who exist beyond the material world.
Now that we understand the basics of what it means to be a psychic, how does all of this connect to psychic readings?
What does psychic reading mean?
One example of psychic abilities comes in the form of psychic readings. Some abilities come naturally to people and can’t be developed, but others can be taught to almost anyone.
When it comes to psychic readings, those who are open to learning often can. But what does psychic reading mean? What separates psychic readings from other abilities, beyond the need to be born with such powers, is the use of tools.
We all possess natural intuitive abilities but focusing this energy and finding the self-confidence to trust in it can be difficult for most of us. Psychic readings use tools as a sort of conduit for psychic or spiritual energy.
There are many, many different types of psychic reading, often referred to as divination:
Those are just some examples of tools used to get a deeper understanding of a person and their place in the universe. The ones with psychic abilities are able to carry out a similar action but without the need for cards or crystals.
What are the Psychic Abilities?
Psychic abilities or powers come in many different forms. Some people can see the past, others can see the future. Of course, psychic powers aren’t limited to exploring beyond moments in time.
People who can astral project are able to temporarily separate their consciousness or spirit from their physical body in order to move freely around the physical realm. Those with psychokinesis are able to use their mind to move objects.
From dowsing, which is the ability to locate water, to mediumship, which is the ability to communicate with spirits, there really are no limits when it comes to the different types of psychic abilities that exist.
What is it called when you see things before they happen?
A group of psychic abilities also exists which allows an individual to extend their natural senses beyond their normal limitations. This includes the ability to see things before they happen. These are known as the 6 Clair abilities or Clair sense.
Depending on who you ask, you may hear of there only being 4, while some people will consider there to be as many as 8. We’re going to focus on just 6.
- Claircognizance – This is the ability of clear knowing. Somebody with this power will know information without ever having learned it. An answer will simply pop into their head, and if they trust their intuition, they’ll find that it’s right. Individuals with this power may experience a premonition, which is a vision of an event that hasn’t happened yet.
- Clairgustance – This is the ability of clear taste. Many people forget about this sense when discussing Clair’s abilities as it serves less practical use than the others. Somebody with this ability may detect the presence of a familiar spirit through tasting a dish or drink that the spirit once enjoyed.
- Clairalience – This is the ability to clear smelling. This may sound a little odd, but individuals with this power will often detect the presence of a spirit through certain smells. For example, they may smell the perfume of a deceased love one.
- Clairsentience – This is the ability to clear feelings. This power is similar to claircognizance, but rather than receiving knowledge, this person will detect emotion. They are often described as being highly empathetic and may even be labeled an empath.
- Clairaudience – This is the ability to clear hearing. Unlike usual hearing, sounds will not be heard externally, but rather internally. This power presents itself within the mind and can often be confused for inner dialogue.
- Clairvoyance – This is the ability of clear seeing, and it’s arguably the most well-known of the Clair abilities. This ability allows a person to see events that are taking place in the past, present, or future. These visions often appear in the mind’s eye and can be mistaken for daydreams.
What does retrocognition mean?
The last of the psychic abilities that we’re going to discuss is retrocognition. Those who are clairvoyant will often possess retrocognition as a part of their ability. It is the power to see events that have already taken place.
This might mean seeing something that happened yesterday or something that happened at the start of human history. This power can present itself as visions, dreams, or even feelings.