Worries, frantic life, stress… We find less and less time to laugh. Many studies prove it. How many times have you laughed or smiled today? Do you remember the last time you burst out laughing? Merely thinking about it brings a smile to your face, doesn’t it?
Smile at life
Each day, life sends opportunities to smile or laugh our way; but, since most of the time we are busy or bogged down in our problems, not only are we unable to seize these opportunities but – and that is even worse – we are also unable to see them!
Smiling is particular to man. This is what sets us apart from animals. However, some men are less funny than animals – you can easily see it for yourself!…
But a simple smile can do a lot of good around you! As Frank Irving Fletcher so nicely puts it:
A smile costs nothing but creates much; a smile enriches those who receive without impoverishing those who give.
Laughing every day
As a matter of fact, there are so many reasons to smile or laugh every day. I will only mention the main three ones:
- Laugh, or at least smile, when you have to face life’s woes and compare them to all the tragedies taking place in the world which are relayed by the media (wars, poverty, famine…)
- Smile when you give or receive because there is nothing more beautiful than exchanging with others, whether they are close to us or not. Making a generous gesture is a source of joy. Just like being thankful for that gesture.
- Always seize the opportunity to say something nice, play a joke or tell a funny story because frivolity is required to offset the arduousness of the trials destiny sends our way.
Smiling and its virtues
Laughing during one minute brings as many benefits as a 45-minute-long relaxation session. Also, take laughing very seriously because it is really beneficial to your health.
- It chases stress away
- It makes you happy
- It helps you sleep better,
- It strengthens your immune system
- It has anti-aging virtues…
So do not hesitate any longer! Smile as much as you can and at least 10, 15 minutes a day!