Few people know that you can carry out a similar reading to tarot card readings using a standard playing card deck. This is called cartomancy, and it’s actually one of the oldest methods of fortune telling. You’re probably wondering about the cartomancy meanings in relation to each of the playing cards, and so that’s what we’re going to look at within this article. Fortune telling with playing cards may sound a little strange, but with a little practice, you’ll pick up cartomancy in no time.
In cartomancy, you can choose any number of cards, but when you’re starting out it’s probably best to stick to just three cards. As you increase the number, keep using multiples of three so that you can always divide the cartomancy meanings up into tenses (past, present, and future). Shuffle the deck, draw three cards, and lay them out in a row.
We’re going to explore each of the playing card meanings that exist within cartomancy, starting with the spades. Remember to listen to your intuition as well, as it may guide you towards a more accurate meaning. These are simply guidelines to give you a general idea of cartomancy.
GET YOUR FREE READING! JUST FILL OUT THIS FORM:
Spades represent struggles or challenges that are coming your way:
- Two: In cartomancy, this card suggests that you’ll have to make a tough choice.
- Three: You’re going to receive some bad news, but it will only be temporary.
- Four: You’re reaching the end of your struggle and will reap the rewards soon enough.
- Five: You’re about to start something new and exciting.
- Six: A warning to keep your spending to a minimum.
- Seven: Keep your friends close, even when you disagree on something.
- Eight: Your future involves a major decision that will have lasting consequences.
- Nine: Someone close to you will be starting a new chapter of their life, possibly without you.
- Ten: Don’t let fear get the better of you. Carry out some positive affirmations.
- Jack: Remove toxic people from your life, they are holding you back from your spiritual journey.
- Queen: A woman in a position of power doesn’t have your best interests at heart. Don’t provide her with any ammunition.
- King: A man in a position of power is trying to disrupt a workplace relationship that you have.
- Ace: This card represents the end of a cycle. Remember that where one door closes, another opens.
In cartomancy, the hearts suit represents our emotions and emotional states. This includes the relationships you currently have or will have in the future. Let’s explore the Hearts cartomancy meanings.
- Two: Don’t take your loved ones for granted. Do something nice for your family and friends, otherwise, they may feel neglected.
- Three: Commitment can be scary, but don’t let fear hold you back.
- Four: If you’re married or in a relationship, you’ll be happy to hear that your future looks bright. If you’re single, there may be an opportunity to find love coming your way soon. Keep an eye out.
- Five: A ripple in the universe is going to alter your current home life. It’s hard to tell if this change will be positive or negative.
- Six: Teamwork is the key to your success. Don’t let selfish desires stand in the way of your group creating something fantastic.
- Seven: In cartomancy, this card suggests that you try not to hold grudges against your friends, even when they let you down.
- Eight: Saying yes to opportunities will lead to a positive change, a major change.
- Nine: In cartomancy, this card represents taking a relationship to the next level.
- Ten: You’ll be happy to hear that you’re about to receive some good news.
- Jack: There’s something going on between you and your best friend. Whatever it is, now is the time to address it, according to this cartomancy card meaning.
- Queen: Your mother, or a motherly figure, need to talk to you.
- King: Your father, or a fatherly figure, need to talk to you.
- Ace: Something new and exciting is coming your way. Keep an open mind.
Clubs carries a specific meaning with cartomancy. These cards generally represent positive changes and the impact they will have on your life.
- Two: Remember to keep in touch with friends who have moved away, or you’ll lose them forever.
- Three: Your creative ability will serve you well if you can be brave enough to let it out into the world.
- Four: In cartomancy, the four of clubs encourages you to step out of your comfort zone and you’ll find yourself experiencing incredible adventures.
- Five: Whatever new habit you’re thinking of trying, now is the time to stop talking about it and start doing it.
- Six: Listen to your gut-instinct every once in a while, you may be surprised by how often it’s right.
- Seven: Tell a partner or friend what’s bothering you, otherwise they can’t help you find a solution.
- Eight: Take some time to meditate, it will help you focus on what’s important in life.
- Nine: A phase of your life is about to come to an end. If you’ve put the work in, you’ll receive the rewards.
- Ten: You’re going to be going on a journey far away. Your cartomancy reading might suggest where.
- Jack: In cartomancy, this card suggests that you value honesty in potential friends, they will help you greatly.
- Queen: A woman possessing great charisma will enter your life.
- King: A man possessing great generosity will enter your life.
- Ace: Put your desire for knowledge to use.
In cartomancy, diamonds are representative of money or finances. They are a useful tool when fortune telling with playing cards.
- Two: Your finances are on a positive trajectory, according to cartomancy.
- Three: Don’t lose friends over arguments about money.
- Four: Be responsible with the money you have. You never know when you may need it.
- Five: You’re about to receive news that will impact your future finances.
- Six: This card relates to the importance of budgeting.
- Seven: The cartomancy meanings associated with this card are related to choosing investments more carefully.
- Eight: You’re about to find yourself in a position of financial abundance.
- Nine: Spend money carefully as there is an expense in your future that will set you back.
- Ten: Keep working hard and you’ll earn the financial rewards.
- Jack: Someone close to you will bring you some unfortunate financial news.
- Queen: A woman who loves to spend money is coming your way.
- King: A man who takes business risks is coming your way.
- Ace: You’re about to receive important news. Use it to your advantage.